Phase 2 have an urgent requirement for a Detail Draughtsman with experience in Solid Works, Config Control and preferably RF Microwave experience.
We are looking for a Design Draughtsman to work with our team and convert designs into 2D drawings and instructions.
Design Draughtsman responsibilities include gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements and setting up production methods. If you have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and are familiar with machining and assembly processes, with configuration control experience (can be given) we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help us build functional, secure and well-designed products.
- Liaise with engineers to gather product and design requirements
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment types to be used)
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Design diagrams, and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Proven work experience as a Design Draughtsman
- BTEC in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with SolidWorks (CAD) software
- Familiarity with 3D modelling tools
- Good math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to fit within a small team
If you feel you have the skills and experience and enjoy working in a small close knit team, please contact Gareth Dobbs on 07970 742 001 in the first instance.